Address5 Town Hall Road Ashford, CT
Year Town/City Established:1714
To the right is the current Town Hall
Pictured below is the building previously used as the Town Hall. Known as the Knowlton Memorial Hall, it was built in 1924 as a gift to the town by Charles Knowlton, a local successful businessman, in memory of his father. The building, designed by New York architect Herbert Loud, was for the town offices and the town library. Since 1994 the building has been listed on the U.S. National Register of Historic Places. It is now fully occupied as the Town Library.
Knowlton Memorial Hall
Click on image to enlarge