< Back to home page

Avon

Avon

Address

60 West Main Street Avon, CT

County

Hartford

Year Built

1883

Year Town/City Established:

1830

Population:

18,302

The original Avon Town Hall was located on East Main Street, having been built in 1890, but was burned to the ground in 1967. In 1969 the Town purchased what had been the Climax Fuse Company building from the Ensign Bickford Company to be used for town offices. That building had been built in 1883. Ensign Bickford merged with Climax Fuse in the early 1900’s.

On the right in the photo below is the building during the time Climax Fuse owned and occupied it.

Photo courtesy of the Avon Free Public Library

Click on image to enlarge