Address1019 Main Street Branford, CT
Year Town/City Established:1685
The first white settlers arrived in 1644 from nearby New Haven. The current Town Hall, which dates back to 1857, is the only one the town has ever had. Prior to 1857, town business was conducted in people’s homes. The Branford Town Hall is included on the National Register of Historic Places as part of the Branford Center Historic District.