Address4 Wolf Den Road Brooklyn, CT
Year Town/City Established:1786
The Brooklyn Town Hall building dates back to 1820 when it was originally built as the County Court House for Windham County. (As of current research, that makes it the oldest Town Hall Building in Connecticut.) It served as the Court House until 1893 when it was converted to the Town Hall. The building is included in the Brooklyn Green Historic District on the National Register of Historic Places.
(With thanks to Elaine Knowlton of the Brooklyn Historical Society)