Address1712 Main Street Coventry, CT
Year Town/City Established:1712
To the right is the current Town Hall
Coventry has had a few town hall buildings over the years. The first was built in 1876, has been preserved, and is now used as the town’s visitor center. Prior to 1876 the town’s business was conducted in the home of the Town Clerk.
The next town hall is also a building still standing that is now the Bidwell Tavern. The building itself was built about 1880, but the town did not acquire it until 1929.