Address2 Bryan Plaza Washington Depot, CT
Year Town/City Established:1779
This Town Hall has an unusual history. In 1929, Gregory Seeley Bryan left $300,000. in trust as a memorial in the town for his parents, Richard and Sarah Bryan, and authorized the trustees to use the funds for the welfare of the town as they deemed best. They decided upon an edifice for town activities, both civic and social, and the building would be named “The Bryan Memorial Town Hall”. The building was so dedicated in 1932. The trust still exists and retains the responsibility for the general care and supervision of the building.
(Information courtesy of Sheila Anson, Town Clerk of Washington)